Cats Need Care, Too
We know that it can be tough to get our feline friends in for a Wellness Exam. But even young indoor cats need to come in and get their nose-to-tail examinations at least once a year. Just like dogs, cats age more quickly than people — on average about five years for each of our years.
Annual examinations can pick up any changes, such as a heart murmur, or kidney changes before they become serious. If caught early enough, medication can be added, or diet changed to prolong the life of your furry companion. Most importantly, cats are adapt at hiding illness and injury. So when you see them acting differently, it’s very important to bring them to one of our veterinarians for an exam. At Leesport Animal Hospital we take special care to make sure your cat will have the best visit possible.
Here are some tips for how the make the trip easier for you and your cat:
- Choose a cat carrier with a top that easily opens or lifts off.
- Keep the carrier out in the open in a safe place so your cat can adjust to going in and out. Throw treats inside from time to time to give your cat a treat for going in.
- When your cat looks comfortable, start taking him or her on a tour of the house. When that feels good, start with short trips in the car.
- Make the trip as rewarding as possible. Offer treats and calming language. Keep the loud music and sharp turns to a minimum, especially during the first few trips.
- When you make your trip to our hospital bring along a favorite toy and/or a blanket with familiar smells.
- Most important: keep your cool! Cats can sense our emotions, if you’re calm, it will help them feel better, too.
Our BlogHelpful Pet Articles
What Makes Us UniqueThe Right Choice for Your Pet
All Under One Roof
Whether your pet needs a dental cleaning, vaccines, or just a check-up, we can handle it.
Open Since 1996
More than two decades of caring. Put your pet's paws in our experienced hands.
Bring your pet to a place that holds the highest standard of veterinary care.
Real Stories from Real OwnersRead Our Reviews
“It was truly a blessing to find a practice with such knowledgeable, compassionate, professional and kind doctors and staff.”- Adam & Betty Rubin
“The patience and communication are above and beyond and the care is incredible at a reasonable prices.”- Mike & Dolores Painter
“All the doctors, technicians, and office staff are efficient, patient, and compassionate.”- Larry & Carol Vogt